Acrolinx 2.9 is now available and provides support for Adobe FrameMaker 10, Adobe CQ 5, and Serna XML editor 3. In addition, this release adds new capabilities for producing reports and improves support for exchanging terminology with other systems. Highlights of this release include:
- New support for Adobe CQ: Acrolinx now brings to web developers the capability to create content that is easier to find, simpler to understand, and less costly to translate. According to Ulrich Callmeier, CTO of Acrolinx, “Our support for Adobe CQ is an important step for us. With this release, Acrolinx has brought our new foundation for web-based authoring into production. This foundation runs entirely on the server and requires no desktop installation at all.”
- New reporting capability: Users can easily create and view customized reports that can pinpoint problems in system performance, author training, or style guidelines. A new report creation wizard makes it easy for users to set up reports thanks to step-by-step guidance through the entry of each report parameter.
- New terminology exchange format: Acrolinx has introduced a new format for exporting and importing terminology that enables loss-free exchange of terminology with other systems. Previously, Acrolinx supported only the industry standard Open Lexicon Interchange Format (OLIF), which does not capture all of the information that terminology databases like Acrolinx typically contain. Acrolinx still supports OLIF, but most customers will use the new format because its structure is simpler and more complete than OLIF.
- Upgraded support for Adobe FrameMaker: This release adds support for FrameMaker version 10; it continues to support FrameMaker versions 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 8.0 and 9.0.4.
- New support for Serna XML editor: Acrolinx 2.9 is the first release that supports customers who want to use Serna version 3.8 for creating and editing XML.
Acrolinx provides Content Optimization Software that enables companies such as Adobe, Dell, Cisco, IBM, Philips, and Siemens to make their content easier to comprehend, cheaper to translate, and easier to find. Built on a powerful linguistic analytics engine, Acrolinx helps you analyze and optimize the content you deliver to your customers. Visit the Acrolinx website or read the original press release.