Polycom, Inc., the global leader in open standards-based unified communications (UC), today unveiled updates to Polycom(R) RealPresence® Video Content Management solutions that deliver anytime, anywhere secure access to view live-streaming webcasts and video recordings on-demand through a Web portal from any device. New features for RealPresence Video Content Management include updates for Polycom RSS™ 4000 Recording and Streaming Server and Polycom RealPresence Media Manager that make the solution compatible with existing and future technologies, while extending users’ access to video content from traditional computer systems to Android and iOS-based mobile devices. Polycom’s RealPresence Video Content Management solution was recently recognized by Gartner with a “Positive” rating in the latest MarketScope for Video Content Management and Delivery, April 2012.
“Research has shown that messages and trainings delivered through video are more likely to be viewed and can have much greater impact than written or verbal communication, which is why video collaboration is increasingly becoming a critical part of business culture,” said A.E. Natarajan, group vice president, RealPresence Platform and Solutions, Polycom. “Organizations are relying on video content management and delivery solutions to improve workflow processes, such as continuing education to help doctors stay up-to-date on certifications, or knowledge transfer that ensures factory workers are briefed on the latest safety requirements. Polycom RealPresence Video Content Management gives users a flexible solution for viewing live-streamed video meetings or video recordings whether they are at their computers, in a conference room, or outside the office on laptops, tablets and smartphones.”
The ability to live-stream or record videos for on-demand delivery to any Web-enabled device is transforming workflow processes for users across industries including higher education, healthcare, and manufacturing
Polycom RSS 4000 Recording and Streaming Server records, archives, and streams video conferences for playback on a wide variety of devices such as desktops, traditional standards-based videoconferencing endpoints, and iOS and Android-based tablets and smartphones. Additional features include:
- A new, easy to navigate Web-based user interface that gives users one-click access to live-streaming videos and video recordings
- Integration with existing infrastructure including other external media servers that store and distribute digital media content, which helps future-proof IT investments, drive better ROI, and enable larger-scale delivery of live-streamed video to users
Polycom RealPresence Media Manager includes full HTML5 support, which allows users to search, rate, and watch video recordings on-demand securely through a Web portal on any Android and iOS-based device. Additional options include:
- Mobility Integration – a content transcoding engine that prepares content for playback on Android or iOS-based systems on tablets or smartphones, so IT administrators can support various mobile devices
- Digital Signage Integration – allows IT to push content from the Media Manager to third-party digital signage solutions for more centralized control of video content delivery across devices and locations
- Polycom RealPresence Media Utility for IBM Sametime – users can publish recorded Sametime sessions featuring audio and content into the media library with push-button ease for approval, transcoding and delivery across devices
- Enhanced Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Integration – enables fully integrated search with multi-language support that returns relevant document and videos side-by-side. Media Manager is also compatible with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, which allows for better data management, access, and collaboration.