Kenexa (NYSE: KNXA), a global provider of business solutions for human resources, released the first Learning Suite that incorporates an enterprise-grade Social LMS (Learning Management System).
The LMS’s social features include complete networking, collaboration and knowledge sharing capabilities, as well as interactive elements that allow users to rate learning content and share their experiences with other users. Other components of the suite include a Learning Content Management System (LCMS) and Mobile Learning capabilities.
“Social Learning has been touted as contributing to as much as 80 percent of learning that takes place within an organization. Until now, organizations have not been able to initiate, leverage or participate in this component of learning,” said, Rudy Karsan, CEO and co-founder of Kenexa. “Our new Kenexa Learning Suite with a Social LMS fuses social capabilities with the formal learning process, adding networking, collaboration and knowledge sharing to the online formal learning process. This fusion helps employees perform better in their roles, and provides greater job satisfaction as well as better overall performance for the company.”
The Kenexa Learning Suite, with a social LMS, includes several new features:
- A student User Interface (UI) that manages all curriculum needs, both formal and informal.
- A home page that provides a quick view of all courses, assignments, groups, workspaces and transcripts for the student and a search box for easy access to all learning content.
- A Learn and Schedule page that provide access to all formal learning with a more detailed view of assignments, Instructor Lead Training (ILT), curricula, quick links to transcripts and access to course catalogues.
- An Ask an Expert feature that allows users to ask questions and then automatically routes these to subject matter experts.
- An Explore tab to provide access to all documents, files, expertise exchanges, postings, courses and training videos for both formal and informal learning content.
- A Managers Only function that allows managers to get feedback and access to HR systems, and will automatically connect to other Kenexa-based solutions.
“Having looked at the way our employees learn on a daily basis—referring to existing materials and job-aids; relying on colleagues for answers; searching for a document online; providing feedback through discussions or email; and collaborating with peers,” said David Stachura, manager of global sales enablement at AMD, “we see a real advantage to the Kenexa Learning Suite 3.0. The new social features of the LMS will contribute to the overall learning process of our organization. It will allow our employees to benefit from both their formal learning experiences as well as the social aspect of networking, sharing knowledge and collaborating. This fusion of formal and social learning will benefit our organization by making answers more readily available to employees, allowing them to collaborate in a way that has become very familiar to them and allowing them to share knowledge, and have that knowledge captured for future learning. These advantages will help our teams leverage our shared organization knowledge and expertise to increase our overall productivity and enable us to be more responsive to our customers and partners.”
As an enterprise-grade solution, Kenexa’s Learning Suite 3.0 with social LMS can now be used by organizations that are Fortune 1,000-sized companies (at least 10,000 employees). With this solution, organizations can fully customize their learning solutions, set up multiple levels of review and approvals, support virtual classrooms through Adobe Connect Integration, enhance curriculum that is capable of including “super curriculums,” which are courses within curriculums, and improve access to various reports. This allows organizations to quickly educate their workforce in a cost-effective way that reduces time of delivery and time of completion.