Week one of 2013 has rushed by the technical communication community. Despite the endless talk of the economic fiscal cliff, the number of jobs advertised in the technical communication industry increased, so even the minor lull of the last couple of weeks seems to be over.
Time to dust off your resume, update it with your 2012 accomplishments and start plotting your path to your next role. Remember you can advertise roles such as Technical Writers, Instructional Designers/ Developers, Content Managers/ Architects and any other relevant position within your company on TechWhirl Jobs. You will reach a targeted audience of thousands of technical communication professionals!
Here are the technical communication openings in the financial services, military, healthcare, logistics, software, research and education industries:
Technical Communication Featured Jobs
- Instructional System Designer (Baltimore, MD): The Instructional Systems Designer will research, design and develop e-learning coursework and similar learning tools to support the business initiatives for the Sylvan Corporate Headquarters, located in Baltimore, MD. As the majority of the design and development will be for Sylvan University’s learning management system, emphasis will be placed on a candidate’s experience using instructional design software to develop coursework and technical proficiency.
- Technical Writer Contractor (Lincolnshire, IL): NEC Sphere is currently seeking an onsite contract technical writer to support NEC Sphere’s various documentation products. The contract technical writer will write, edit and proofread technical documentation such as product manuals, installation guides, help or online documentation content.
Latest Technical Communication Jobs
- Technical Survey Research Writer/Analyst-02072 (New York, NY): Technical Survey Research Writer/Analyst will have a strong understanding of qualitative and/or quantitative survey research data. They will be responsibility for integrating Gallup’s research-based findings into client reports and deliverables.
- Technical Writer (Washington, D.C.): The Technical Writer will work with experts to develop content. Follow design, layout, + format of the docs using approved software. Test user documentation. Manage projects responsibly/on schedule.
- Technical Writer (Plano, TX): The Technical Writer will be responsible for writing and maintaining user manuals, online help, release notes and other technical documentation consistent with MedAssets standards.
- Technical Writer (Plano, TX): The Technical Writer is responsible for creating all product-related documentation, including end-user documentation, product release notes, product specifications, and product configuration and administration documentation. They work directly with all product owners to understand new features or modifications affecting product functionality and configuration, and ensuring communication of those to both the implementation and configuration teams.
- Technical Writer (Nellis AFB, NV): The Technical Writer’s primary purpose of this position is to provide publications management, editing, and research services for the electronic publication of 200 Air Force, Navy and Foreign Military Sales publications.
- Senior Technical Writer: Chatter Documentation (San Francisco, CA): The Senior Technical Writer will be a problem solver with excellent people skills who knows the needs of developers and will write easy-to-understand developer guides and online help. Also you will be able to create code samples, tutorials, videos, and other user assistance to help developers build apps on the Force.com platform.
- Technical Writer (Santa Ana, CA): The Technical Writer will be responsible for writing/documenting end-user guides for technology applications, and development of end-user help files, application user tips, to be integrated within the application by the IT Application Development teams. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
Instructional Development and Design
- Instructional Designer (Crystal City, VA): The mid-level Instructional Designer (ID) designs and develops instructor-led and technology-delivered courses using content development tools under the supervision of the Program Manager or Senior Instructional Designer. Works with subject matter experts to refine course content based on analysis results.
- Instructional Designer(Job Number: 12010880) (Greenwood Village, CO): The Instructional Designer will contribute curriculum and courseware design skills to a collaborative team of Instructional Writers and Multi-Media Developers in creating quality, effective Healthcare IT learning and adoption tools.
- Instructional Designer (Scotts Valley, CA): The Instructional Designer will be responsible designing and developing innovative and engaging eLearning and Instructor-Led Training Curriculum. Development will include content, training materials, eLearning modules, teaching aids and coordination of all aspects of curriculum design and development using a working knowledge of instructional design models and adult learning principles.
To keep up-to-date with TechWhirl Tech Comm Job postings, follow us on Twitter @TechCommJobs.