[updated with reader insights, September 25, 2011]
Editor’s Note: The following piece by Wade Nelson part of our collection of “classics”–technical writing articles that stand the test of time no matter how many technologies come and go.
- I’m confident I can have that finished by….
- Someone else has reviewed it and made additional edits? Great!
- Oh, I’ve written dozens of ___________.
- Of course I’m familiar with RST inverted NAND bipolar technology. My brother is bipolar.
- Don’t worry, I’ll merge all those markups onto a single copy.
- Oh no, I’m sure everyone reading that will understand exactly what you mean. I just thought it sounded a little better if we phrased it….
- This is really good. Have you considered becoming a writer yourself?
- You’re the boss….
Did we miss any? Please add them to the comments and well add them to our master list.
Tech Whirler Contributions:
- Since the deadline is today, I will not accept any changes after COB tonight. None. Zero. Don’t even ask. (George, WritingRag.Com)
- Go Live has a 5% chance of happening? That sounds like good odds (Ryan)
- Type up those minutes for you? I don’t mind a bit…. (Connie)
- “I’ve never missed a deadline.” (PSU)
- As long as you the project manager can promise me I’ll have the support from the SMEs as we discussed (Peter)