Corel announced the release of Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X5, the most comprehensive version of the company’s award-winning video editing software. VideoStudio Pro X5 introduces screen recording and HTML5 authoring capabilities, multi-core acceleration, and advanced video compositing.
Corel notes that VideoStudio Pro X5 is the first video editor to support HTML5, and it offers functionality that appeals to technical communications professionals, including the ability to generate hyperlinked on-screen cue and chapter points, graphics, and titles.
Key features in Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 include:
- HTML5 authoring: Users can create HTML5 videos, with output to both WebM and MPEG-4 (H.264), for display in any compatible browser. Users can also open and edit HTML5 videos in other HTML5 editing applications.
- Screen recording: Technical communications users can create screencasts, and add animations, effects, music, titles and voice-overs, and output to training DVDs or export them directly to MPEG-2, MPEG-4 (H.264) and WebM formats for delivery onYouTube(TM), Facebook(R), Flickr(R) .
- Multimedia tracks: VideoStudio Pro X5 supports up to 21 video or graphic tracks, two title or subtitle tracks, and four audio tracks.
- Multi-layer graphics import: Users can add multi-layered Corel(R) PaintShop(TM) Pro graphics to movies with drag-and-drop to the timeline, and each graphic layer is added as a separate track for optimal creation and editing of effects. VideoStudio Pro X5 also supports supports 3D webcam capture; 3D video editing and format support, including Multiview Video Coding (MVC) and Multiple Picture Object (MPO).
- Template organization: VideoStudio Pro X5 incorporates a template library with Instant Project tab for browsing, previewing, and selection.
- Corel® Guide: This web-connected, in-product resource delivers 24-7 access to online training videos, templates, help, product updates, additional paid content, training videos and much more.
Corel also announced the release of VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate, a premium version that offers a range of high-end plug-ins from proDAD, Boris and NewBlue®, that allow users to add broadcast-quality effects, 2D and 3D titling, animated pen effects, image correction and video stabilization.
Corel VideoStudio Pro X5 is available immediately as an electronic download (ESD) from www.corel.com in English, Japanese, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese. Box versions will be available from Corel’s global resellers after March 21, 2012. Upgrade pricing from Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 is available