Traditionally December has been a slow period for recruiting in the Technical Communication industry.
December, 2012 is bucking this trend with a slew of Technical Communication roles being advertised. These roles span all industries, locations, experience levels and also specialty. They include quite a number of Technical Writer positions as well as Instructional Developers/ Designers roles.
So don’t stop looking for for the perfect job during December. You never know— you could apply and be in a new job when you ring in 2013!
Here are the technical communication openings in the military, software, non-profit, oil and gas industries:
Technical Communication Featured Job
- Technical Writer (San Luis Obispo, CA): The Technical Writer will help create user assistance (help) and related technical documentation for Weatherford’s Field Office suite of Production Optimization Software applications.
Latest Technical Communication Jobs
- Technical Survey Research Writer/Analyst-02072 (New York, NY): The Technical Survey Research Writer/Analyst with a strong understanding of qualitative and/or quantitative survey research data. This individual must have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Technical Writer (Washington D.C): The Technical Writer will provided technical editing to a DHS ICE Systems Development Division to include project reviews, Acquisition and Project Execution Lifecycle documentation and DHS ICE reporting.
- Technical Editor (Houston, TX): The Technical Editor will solicit, select, and prepare technical articles for publication in accordance with the magazine’s standards on subjects such as oil and gas exploration, production, drilling, well completion, gas processing, refining, basic petrochemicals, and pipelines.
- Technical Writer (Dallas, TX): The Technical Writer will write, rewrite and/or edit technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences, including technical and business audiences.
- Technical Writer (San Francisco, CA): The Technical Writer to review and update existing technical documentation. Candidates will be responsible for crafting accurate, consistent, and easy-to-understand documentation with sample code and examples.
- Senior Technical Writer (Seattle, WA):The Senior Technical Writer will produce product documentation covering a suite of tools built to simplify game development. The team’s primary objective is to extend Amazon Web Services (AWS) into the video game space by providing game developers with a suite of tools to simplify their development. Your primary responsibility is to delivery high-quality technical publications for game developers. Other responsibilities include provide input into the overall developer experience with APIs and toolsets and set guideline and standard around overall SDK design.
- Instructional Training Specialist (Washington D.C): The Instructional Training Specialist will be responsible for maintaining and delivering instructional material for the Joint Intermediate Target Development Course (JITD) for the Department of Defense (DoD) Targeting Community.
- Instructional Developer I/II (Houston, TX): The Instructional Developer will provide instructional and program electronic-delivery development support for in-house academic courses, distance education and outreach education efforts.
- Instructional Designer (San Francisco, CA): The Instructional Designer will be responsible for developing from the ground up customer and partner training courses with hands on technical labs. AppDynamics training programs will be made up of both traditional on premise classroom, virtual classroom and e-learning/video training courses.
To keep up-to-date with TechWhirl Tech Comm Job postings, follow us on Twitter @TechCommJobs.