Technical Communication industry jobs can be found in all cities across America and the world.
So don’t assume that the best opportunities are only located in the top 10 cities in America. Most large organizations have subsidiaries in other states, separate from their headquarters location. For example, eBay, headquartered in San Jose, California, has an office in Salt Lake City, Utah where they house many technical writers and instructional designers.
So keep an eye out for roles in locations close to where you are now or within a reasonable distance of where you’d like to be.
Here are the technical communication openings in the airline, software, non-profit, oil and gas industries:
Technical Communication Featured Job
- Technical Documentation Lead (Boston, MA): The Technical Documentation Lead will work closely with the Development team to research, plan, write and update documentation. They will also partner with the Development team in the planning, specification and testing phases of the product development lifecycle.
Latest Technical Communication Jobs
- Technical Writer (Washington, D.C.): The Technical Writer responsible for making sure proposals meet program and quality assurance standards. The candidate must be a excellent writer and capable editor with the ability to work to strict deadlines, effectively communicate with clients and fellow employees, and schedule/complete multiple tasks.
- Technical Writer (Newark, DE): The technical writer at Biochemist 1 level will be responsible for gathering the necessary information, drafting, editing, coordinating with production area leads, and implementing very complex technical production and testing documentations.
- Technical Writer 1 (Reston, VA): The Technical Writer will work with SME’s to document requirements, procedures and related content, including the translation of technical specifications into easy to read instructions and user manuals.
- Technical Writer (SouthWest) (Dallas, TX): The Technical Writer must be able to work quickly and accurately to edit and format large technical documents written by subject matter experts with minimal supervision.
- Technical Writer (Houston, TX): The Senior Technical Writer will design and produce technical documentation for a highly configurable platform software product in a collaborative environment employing Agile development methodologies.
- Technical Writer (Houston, TX): The Technical Writer position requires a range of skills including technical writing and graphic design for various marketing applications, product manuals, etc. Must also be proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign and Quark.
- Technical Writer (San Francisco, CA): The Technical Writer will create user friendly, easy to follow technical documentation for ngmoco’s software platform, ngCore. Work with engineers to gather technical information and produce programming guides, API references and other technical documents used both internally and by the Mobage development community.
- Technical Writer (San Francisco, CA): The Technical Writer will partner with business owners, product and user experience teams, project management, and development to turn requirements into clear, helpful, high-quality product content and UI text.
- Operations Technical Writer (San Jose, CA): The Operations Technical Writer will create and maintain a ‘best in class’ suite of knowledge, including development of an organization strategy that makes information easily accessible to everyone who needs it.
- Senior Project / Content Manager (Boston, MA): The Senior Project/Content Manager (SPCM) is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting simulations in the HBS classroom.
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Manager (Chicago, IL): The Enterprise Content Management Manager will develop and deliver strategies and solutions for managing the capture, storage, security, revision control, retrieval, distribution, preservation and destruction of enterprise documents and content.
- Program Management – Content Curation (San Francisco, CA): The Program Manager for Content Curation will design, development, and delivery of an adaptive and interactive knowledge management ecosystem to support customers and employees globally.
- Instructional Designer (Holtsville, NY): The Instructional Designer must be able to work independently to develop entry and advanced level courses for both internal and external audiences.
- Instructional Designer eBay (Salt Lake City, UT): The Instructional Designer will develop and maintain blended solutions for North American GCS product and operations training. They will be able to utilize all aspects of the ADDIE model (and other applicable ISD models) to produce relevant and targeted training, specializing in Analysis, Design, and Development.
- Sr. Instructional Designer (Seattle, WA): The Sr. Instructional Designer will focus on learning design projects through end-to-end development from scoping/analysis through design and development to delivery/implementation providing clear roles and responsibilities through all phases of the project lifecycle.