With December 21, 2012 safely behind us, professionals in the Technical Communication world can start planning their futures with confidence that the world will still exist, and always need great communicators.
So, use this opportuity to set up job alerts for various key words, locations and company names, because you never know how the role is going to be promoted. LinkedIn, Twitter and even Facebook are being used by internal recruiters and headhunters to promote new roles. Many professional groups on LinkedIn have developed their own private job areas where only members can view and publish openings. You can also take a moment and join our new Google+ Community dedicated to Communications and Content Industry Jobs, which is the newest on the block but already seeing a large number of jobs and discussions.
From all of us at TechWhirl jobs, we you has a wonderful festive week next week.
Here are the technical communication openings in the retail, software, medical, educational, oil and gas industries:
- Contract Technical Writer (Peachtree City, GA): The Technical Writer will work with engineers, managers, and external customers to write the standard operating procedures (SOPs), installation instructions, technical bulletins, troubleshooting guides, and product training materials for gas-fired consumer products.
- Technical Writer/Content Specialist (Annapolis, Maryland): The Technical Writer / Content Specialist will work with our product development team to plan, write and edit documents for IT systems and to design, produce and implement web-based training courses using different methods and media.
- Technical Writer I (Dallas/ Ft. Worth, TX): The Technical Writer will need Framemaker experience with a design/engineer based tech writing knowledge and a working knowledge of blueprints.
Latest Technical Communication Jobs
- Technical Writer (New York, NY): The Technical Writer will develop technical documentation within the software development lifecycle, user, and training manuals and create presentations for project team communications.
- Technical Writer (New York, NY): The Technical Writer will be involved in researching, writing, and producing a high volume of client facing documentation for a rapidly evolving product. The role requires an individual who thrives on working in a fast-paced cross-functional organization, interacting proactively with product development teams and senior management, and driving the scope and direction of documentation deliverables.
- Technical Writer / Editor (Charleston, SC): The Technical Writer will be responsible writing technical documentation, procedures and guidelines for medical systems or equipment using specifications and standards governing publication, quality assurance and printing of the technical publications produced.
- Technical Writer (Chicago, IL): The Technical Writer will assist with developing work and spend plans, including statistical analyses. As well as writing and editing the results of surveys and statistical studies.
- Technical Writer (Plano, TX): The Technical Writer will primarily responsible for assessing, designing, testing, and deploying effective learning systems. This role will manage tactical aspects of fulfilling the responsibilities of managing the instructional content design & development of leadership solutions for all levels of the organization.
- Senior Technical Writer/Content Manager-1063621 (Houston, TX): The Senior Technical Writer / Content Manager will analyze customer information requirements and product specifications to define technical content strategy and plan. Designs and develops written and/or visual product-related information–hard copy, web–(e.g., user/configuration/troubleshooting guides), and online information (interactive demos, help systems) integrated into product, for a variety of audiences (end user, system administrators, internal support engineers, product developers, training developers) for localization in 30+ languages.
- Technical Writer (Los Gatos, CA): The Technical Writer will be a technical ninja. You can balance tactical and strategic needs. You can balance the planning and the doing. You can own the information lifecycle (design, develop, analyze, and refine) for documentation, tool help, and computer based training for an audience of highly technical device-software developers.
- Technical Writer 2 (San Diago, CA): The Technical Writer 2 will write, edit, index, or revise a variety of technical, end user documentation such as policies and procedures, standards and specifications for a wide range of uses.
- Web Content Manager (Washington, DC): The Web Content Manager to manage all online publications, content and social media.
- Content Producer (Chicago, IL): The Content Producer is a journalistic jack-of-all-trades with proven success in short-form and long term content creation, as well as managing, writing and editing content across multiple platforms.
- Content Manager – Black hat (San Francisco, CA): The Content Manager has a deep interest, growing knowledge and an expanding network of connections in the Technology and Information Security Community. This position oversees the collection and compilation of Black Hat Briefings, Trainings, and Webcast content.
- Instructional Designer (Washington D.C.): The Instructional Designer will design, develop, and deliver workshops and training sessions to faculty and professional staff on instructional design topics; assists in the coordination of instructional development project teams, ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Instructional Designer (Morgantown, WV): The Instructional Designer will be responsible for identifying instructional methods and delivery approaches for on-the-job, online, classroom, and workshop-based training. They will also adapt instructional content or delivery methods for different levels or types of learners.
- Instructional Designer (Chicago, IL): The Instructional Designer helps to improve employee performance and productivity by designing user friendly and accessible information that helps Equity employees become more effective.
- Instructional Designer (Redlands, CA): The Instructional Designer will design, writing, content development, and strong communication skills in a project team environment. Join the innovative and productive team that is responsible for the assessment, design, development, and evaluation of educational materials for teaching GIS concepts, skills, and workflows.
To keep up-to-date with TechWhirl Tech Comm Job postings, follow us on Twitter @TechCommJobs.