Happy April everyone… we love April because we get to do our April Fools’ Day edition, celebrate our anniversary as owners, and start ramping up for the spring explosion of activity. It’s a technical communication recap that doesn’t promise showers or flowers, but a lot of interesting and funny stuff to start your weekend.
After traipsing through all the broken news we published on April 1, we followed up with the first Users’ Advocate column from Mark Baker, in which he asks a tremendously important question: Where have all the users’ gone? And he provides some thought-provoking answers to it, and the related questions of what, how and why we do what we do. Craig Cardimon curated another worthy selection of posts for Tech Writer This Week, and you still have time to vote in the latest technical communication poll about the most valuable recurring debates of the last 20 years.
TechWhirlers on the email discussion list seem to be exhibiting a bit of spring fever, with lively discussions on commenting code and API docs, Word formatting questions, cloud expertise and the “fundamentally trivial business of technical writing.” Do check out the threads, add your perspective or start a new thread of your own.
Have a great weekend!
-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
Technical Communication News:
- Ektron 8.7 Features Editing Enhancements and Cloud and SharePoint Support
- Stilo Extends Migrate Functionality with DocBook to DITA Conversion Capability
Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:
- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes | http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click | http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time | http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box | http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu
We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their support.
Platinum: Adobe Systems Incorporated
Silver: Vancouver Island University