Summertime blues getting to you? Afternoon storms that make the homeward bound commute a bigger adventure than it should? Slipping deadlines because of the sheer number of O-O-O replies to your emails? Competing with tourists in line at your favorite lunch spot? We actually aren’t going to be much help with any of those scenarios, but if you’re looking for some interesting, thoughtful, debate-inspiring, and otherwise high-cool-factor content, take a look at what we brought you this week.
If you’re bored by water cooler chat or looking for a way to expand your horizons, remember, we’re always on the lookout for those that love it when a plan comes together. So if you’re interested in writing for TechWhirl as a member of the Special Writers Unit, drop us a note, we have lots of opportunities for bylines, and a pretty decent cool factor. And don’t forget to stop by the email discussion list for helpful, interesting, and occasionally cantankerous viewpoints on all things tech comm.
Then grab a cold beer, a hot burger, and an umbrella. “There ain’t no cure for the summertime blues,” but at least now you’re totally prepared.
Have a great weekend!
-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In this week’s Tech Writer This Week we’re talking a little technical communications, calling out the good and bad for Customer Experience Management, cover a little work skills and careers and make a clever play on words.
If you have been living under a rock for the last two years, you might not have heard that there’s a major update to HTML (or HyperText Markup Language if your rock residency has been longer than two years) that is going to affect…well…everyone. It’s time to jump into HTML5 and the sooner, the better.
There are only so many ways to network, learn new skills and get up-to-speed on the latest tools, and attending a conference is one of them. There are some downsides: missing work, cost and travel are normally the top ones, so it’s not an easy decision. This week’s poll question asks: are you going to a business conference this autumn?
Technical Communication News:
- Aquafadas Digital Publishing System 3.0 Offers Multiple Platform Options
- Zia Consulting Announces Date for 2nd Annual Content Connected Summit
- Astoria 6.2 CCMS Simplifies Structured Content Authoring for SMEs
- Mindjet ProjectDirector Offers Project Collaboration and File Management
Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:
- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes | http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click | http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time | http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box | http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu