While lamenting the fact that holiday shopping commercials have already started appearing on television (they probably started on Halloween, but I totally missed them until this morning), I realized that ramping up is a pretty regular thing for most of us in the communications world. Here at TechWhirl, we ramp up to cover events, slide into a bit of a pause while we recuperate, and then ramp up again for the next Big Thing. Retailers are trying to ramp up sales for the big end of the year blitz, content creators often are ramping up their professional development skills along with the schedules for the next 12 months.
Our coverage of recent conferences, regular columns and articles for our research portals may appear to be in a pause, but rest assured it’s ramping back up right now. Things don’t seem to have slowed down on the email discussion list and community forum with lots of interesting conversations on tools, trends, and professional development issues. Read, vote in our latest poll, and participate.
Have a great weekend!
-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
Years of debate rage over the relative superiority of matrixed, flat, systemic, organic and even holocatric approaches to organizing the people side of the business. In much the same way that Whirlers and many others in the content world debate on where content creators belong in the grand scheme.
When dealing with so many different types of mobile content, how can you make it easy to update without disrupting the user experience? Marta Rauch offered answers and insight during LavaCon 2014.
Technical Communication & Customer Experience News:
- Acquia Platform Launched to Manage Digital Experience | http://ow.ly/2Qc3VG
- DITA to Jive Plug-in Release from Suite Solutions | http://ow.ly/2Q84qZ
Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:
- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes | http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click | http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time | http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box | http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu