Closing out a month of TechWhirl on the actual last day of the month doesn’t actually happen very often. So I’m looking back on 31 days of sheer madness, happy in what I accomplished, and happy that the month is done (and wishing for a few days off to mentally recuperate). We debuted a new member of the SWU, attended the STC Summit, launched our Content Structure Research Portal, added to a lively debate by those more learned than us (That would be Tom Johnson, Sarah O’Keefe, and Mark Baker), and welcomed two summer interns to the slightly off-kilter ranks of TechWhirl. Add to that a slew of freelance projects, and it’s no wonder my brain is full. Does anybody else wonder what happened to the last month? It disappeared before I had a chance to really enjoy it.
And in spite of the long holiday weekend, we didn’t really slow down on the new content. Jacquie Samuels told the epic tale of the Three Musketeers of Content, and Roger Renteria treated us to another Summit Summary—Dr. Laura Palmer’s session on social media. Craig Cardimon curated another round of great stuff on tech comm, content and UX (apparently those folks don’t take vacation either) in Tech Writer This Week.
And if that’s not enough, hop on over to the email discussion list, where you can lend your expertise on selecting a CMS, figuring out if it’s a CMS that you really need, setting a freelance rate, and the ever-popular word usage questions. You still have time to complete the Adobe WYSWYG survey for a chance at fabulous prizes, or to vote in our structured content “or”, “and”, and “for” the web tech comm poll, and tell us why you voted the way you did.
See you can be just as crazy busy as I am… all in one place.
Have a great weekend!
-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
Technical Communication News:
- AIIM Study Shows 82 Percent of Companies Still Lack Enterprise Content Management
- Doc-To-Help 2013 Features Industry’s First HTML5 Editor for Content Authors
- Connexions Journal Issues Call for Papers for Second Issue
Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:
- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes | http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click | http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time | http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box | http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu